Movement + Mindset
The next course will begin Sunday, March 13th, 2022.
Movement + Mindset is a 6-week course designed to help you get stronger physically and mentally.
The program objectives and training methods are based on Krista's decade-plus experience in the fitness industry as well as the latest scientific research in positive psychology, neuroscience, and peak performance.
We all know we feel better when we exercise.
But it's not just about building healthy bodies; decades of research show that exercise helps us think better, breathe easier, and live happier lives. Do you want to realize your full potential and excel at work, school, and life? The solution is clear: you need to prioritize exercise.
Across the board, people who are more physically active are:
Happier and have more life satisfaction
At a lower risk for things like depression and loneliness
Better able to cope with stress and anxiety
Have better relationships and feel more of a sense of purpose and social connection
- Anything else you could possibly imagine that people would want relating to our flourishing as human beings
"People who are regularly active have a stronger sense of purpose, and they experience more gratitude, love, and hope. They feel more connected to their communities, and are less likely to suffer from loneliness or become depressed." — Kelly McGonigal, PhD
Why this course
I love reading the latest research around physical and mental health, but it's not just theory to me: I've experienced it firsthand. I first started exercising regularly in my early twenties. Like most people beginning an exercise habit, I did so because I didn’t like the way I looked or felt in my body. And (no surprise here), I dreaded my workouts. I didn't know much about exercise and thought running was the only way to get in shape. But I've never liked distance running, so I did everything I could to avoid my workouts.
Thankfully, over time, I found other ways to build movement into my daily life — activities that resonate much more with me than running. I fell in love with the intensity of HIIT workouts, found a circus coach to teach me handstands, learned to box and even have had some amateur fights, and most recently, took up martial arts.
And while I began my fitness journey mainly intending to change my appearance, I've gotten much more than a strong body in the process.
Exercise has helped me build confidence and helped me learn to believe in myself. It’s taught me to be mentally tough, strong, and resilient. It’s given my life meaning and purpose and has brought me so much joy over the years.
I believe the same can be true for you, no matter what your current fitness level or previous athletic experience.
My goal through this course is to help you build a healthy relationship with exercise and make fitness a deeply ingrained part of who you are.
In this course, you will learn:
- How to build a consistent workout habit that sticks even during the most uncertain or stressful times
- Ways to build exercise into your life so that fitness and health become a part of your identity
- The limits of willpower and why environment is the most important part of goal pursuit
- How to progress exercises and mix up your workouts to keep them challenging and interesting
- How to build self-discipline and grit, no matter where you're starting from
- Why change is so hard, and how you can set goals and build habits that actually stick
- Recovery techniques that will keep you from getting injured, burnt out, or quitting long-term
Meet Your Coach
Krista Stryker is a fitness coach, entrepreneur, and world-renowned fitness expert. She is the creator of the 12 Minute Athlete app, used by over 500,000 people worldwide, and the author of The 12-Minute Athlete: Get Fitter, Faster, and Stronger Using HIIT and Your Bodyweight.
From trying her first push-up in college, to teaching herself to do pull-ups and handstands, Krista is living proof of her philosophy that everybody is an athlete. She is passionate about helping others become stronger inside and out through the intersection of mental and physical fitness. Krista regularly writes about well-being, healthy living, positive psychology, and high performance.
Krista has been featured in The New York Post, The Washington Post, SHAPE Magazine, Train Magazine, Muscle & Fitness HERS, and on ESPN and Mindbodygreen, among many others. She is also a faculty member at the Center for the Science of Human Potential where she teaches for Transcend, the online course teaching the latest science of positive psychology and self-actualization taught by Scott Barry Kaufman.
In addition to training the masses, Krista is also an amateur boxer, an aspiring martial artist, and has traveled the world studying the fine art of handstands.
Some of Krista's credentials and claims to fames:
- NSCA-certified personal trainer
- Precision Nutrition coach
- Flow Research Collective Flow Coach
- Coach for Transcend, the online course teaching the latest science of positive psychology and self-actualization with Scott Barry Kaufman
- Kettlebell Concepts trainer
- World Calisthenics Organization trainer
- Hand balancer trained by Cirque du Soleil artists
- Amateur boxer
- Progressive Calisthenics Certification trainer
- In process: ICF coaching certification
- In process: Various martial arts
Who is this course for?
Anyone who wants to build a lasting fitness habit.
Athletes and weekend warriors looking to build strength, boost conditioning, and build a consistent cross-training routine.
Former athletes looking to re-introduce training into their lives.
Anyone interested in the psychology behind exercise, habit, and goal setting.
Anyone looking to optimize their performance in fitness and in life.
1. I'm fairly new to working out or haven't worked out consistently in years. Is this program for me?
Yes! This course is for all levels. There are always ways to modify exercises and workouts for beginners, and Krista will work with you individually to adjust the workouts to your level.
2. I'm an athlete or a weekend warrior and play racquetball/beach volleyball/rock climb/do yoga/do martial arts/etc.. Can this program help me?
Absolutely! This program is a great supplement to your current sport or activity. The workouts we will be doing will help you to build full body strength, boost your conditioning, and build a consistent cross-training workout habit.
3. What equipment will I need for this course?
The workouts will be mainly bodyweight-based and require minimal equipment. However, it would be great if you had access to:
- A jump rope
- A plyo box or something sturdy to step on (stairs or a bench work great)
- A couple of resistance bands (these ones by Rubberbanditz are my favorite)
- A pull up bar or parallel bars (optional, but if you don't have access to either of these, you'll definitely need resistance bands)
- A kettlebell, pair of dumbbells, or duffel bag filled with heavy stuff (also optional, and resistance bands can be used instead)
4. What's the weekly time commitment for this course?
There will be four workouts a week. Each should take you no longer than 30 to 45 minutes including warm up.
We do encourage you to set aside time each day to exercise, even if it's just a 20-minute walk.
The weekly lesson and journal questions should take you no more than 15 to 20 minutes to complete.
3. How long will I have access to this course?
You will have access to the course for 6 weeks. We will most likely offer an option to continue after this time, but this will be communicated later on in the course.
4. What time will the Q&A coaching sessions be?
The calls are one-on-one every other week, so you and Krista will find a time that works best for you.
5. What's the format for this course?
All of the workouts will be provided to you via the Trainerize app and the weekly mindset lessons sent to you directly to your email.
The Q&A coaching calls will be via Zoom.
8. Is the price in US dollars?
Yes, the price is in US dollars.
9. What if I'm not happy with the program? Can I get a refund?
We have a 7-day refund policy due to the interactive nature of the program. If at any point during the first week you'd like a refund, simply ask us and we'll send you one, no questions asked.