It’s time to get flexible!
When we recently asked you in our Facebook group what challenge you’d like to see next, you guys put flexibility and mobility highest on the list. And we listened!
We all do tough workouts—but if you skip stretching and mobility you may really slow down your progress—or even worse, get injured.
Here are a few examples of what may happen if you don’t consistently work on keeping your body mobile and flexible:
- You don’t stretch your muscles after a workout so you get really sore. As a result, you may need to skip your next workout
- You’re feeling super tight and sore, but decide to work out anyway. But because of the tightness, it’s hard to maintain proper technique and you may end up injured
- If you’re like most people, you sit during much of the day and probably notice how your neck, back, hip and glute muscles get extra tight, which eventually may start to limit your range of motion and/or cause pain
- The tighter you feel, the less likely it is that you’ll exercise!
Looking for the weekly Flexibility Challenge posts? You can find them here:
Everyone can find 10 minutes a day to take care of their bodies. Even if you aren’t actively struggling with tightness, stretching and mobility work should be always be a consistent part of your training.
30-Day Flexibility Challenge Rules
We’re going to dedicate the next four weeks to making ourselves bendier, more flexible, and increase your body’s range of motion. If you have some pain due to tightness, this challenge will also help you start to address those issues.
Here’s what you need to know about the 30-Day Flexibility Challenge:
- The challenge will run for four weeks, from March 4th to March 31st.
- The first week kicks off on Monday, March 4th.
- We’ll post the weekly focus and instructions for the upcoming week on the blog each Monday.
- For weeks two and four, you will need some equipment — a foam roller and a lacrosse ball (or a mobility ball, golf ball or tennis ball). For weeks one and three, you won’t need any equipment.
- We recommend you work on your flexibility and do the exercises we post at least three days a week.
- You can take part in the challenge by posting to our Facebook group or by tagging #12MAflexibility and @12minuteathlete on social media
- One random hard worker will win our favorite TriggerPoint foam roller at the end of the challenge!
Sign up below to get the challenge calendar and receive weekly updates about the 30-Day Flexibility Challenge:
Work hard, and as always, have fun!
1 thought on “12 Minute Athlete 30-Day Flexibility Challenge”
Was looking for the PDF copy of the 30 day flexibility calendar. Looks like the link is broken..