In order to keep you guys on your toes, I thought it would be fun to mix things up a bit and try a slightly different style of workout today.
If you’ve never done a pyramid workout before, here’s how they go:
You start at a low number, usually just one or two reps, then gradually increase the reps as you step up the pyramid—until you hit the peak, where you’ll then decrease the number of reps until you’re back to your original starting point.
Today’s pyramid workout consists of just three exercises: burpees, pull ups, and side lunges.
You can scale the exercises however you want—for example, if you need to use a band to get through the pull ups, please do so. So don’t be too intimidated—this is a workout that anyone can do, no matter what your current fitness level.
Here’s how it’s going to work:
You’ll start with 2 burpees, 1 pull up, and 2 side lunges per leg.
You’ll then move on to 4 burpees, 2 pull ups, and 4 side lunges per leg.
Then you’ll continue with this same pattern until you hit 12 burpees—after which you’ll start going back down the pyramid until you’re back to the starting point.
Confused? Not to worry, I made a funny little diagram for you:
Basically, you’ll add 2 burpees, 1 pull up, and 2 side lunges (per leg) to each set until you hit 12 burpees, then you’ll reverse it.
Watch the workout video to learn more:
And the workout instructions:
Workout type: Pyramid
Timer setting: Stopwatch
Complete the following pyramid as fast as you can:
– Set 1: 2 burpees + 1 pull up + 2 side lunges / leg
– Set 2: 4 burpees + 2 pull ups + 4 side lunges / leg
– Set 3: 6 burpees + 3 pull ups + 6 side lunges / leg
– Set 4: 8 burpees + 4 pull ups + 8 side lunges / leg
– Set 5: 10 burpees + 5 pull ups + 10 side lunges / leg
– Set 6: 12 burpees + 6 pull ups + 12 side lunges / leg
– Set 7: 10 burpees + 5 pull ups + 10 side lunges / leg
– Set 8: 8 burpees + 4 pull ups + 8 side lunges / leg
– Set 9: 6 burpees + 3 pull ups + 6 side lunges / leg
– Set 10: 4 burpees + 2 pull ups + 4 side lunges / leg
– Set 11: 2 burpees + 1 pull ups + 2 side lunges / leg
Leave your time in the comments below.
My time for today’s workout: 12:13
Did you do this workout? Tweet It!