It’s the end of the year already, and you know what that means: it’s time for some reflection.
And while I hope you’re all doing some reflecting of your own, I’d like to take a few moments of your time and look back at the successes and shortcomings of 12 Minute Athlete over this past year.
Bear with me here, guys, there’s a prize at the end!
Looking back at 2013
12 Minute Athlete has been around for a little over a year already, can you believe it?
I’m incredibly humbled by the response I’ve had since the very first time I told anyone about 12 Minute Athlete in October 2012. Since then, the site has grown to over 140,000 page views a month and nearly 64,000 unique visitors. Over 8,000 people subscribe to get 12 Minute Athlete updates, and we’ve reached over 26,000 Google+ followers and nearly 2,000 Facebook likes.
Oh, and we launched an iPhone app! Not bad, right?
So. Freaking. Cool.
Seriously. Thank you guys. Thank you for doing the workouts, for making me laugh with your comments, for all your emails and every single app review in the iTunes Store. It all means the world to me, and feedback (good and bad) is what helps me to know that I’m on the right track and I should keep making awesome, sweaty workouts and doing my best to motivate you guys to kick some serious workout ass.
You guys rock. I’m not even kidding. Every single one of you is awesome beyond words, and I’m incredibly proud to have you as a reader.
Where we’re headed in 2014
Now here’s where I need your help.
As I hope you all know, I’m always working to make 12 Minute Athlete as awesome as possible. I want it to rock. To be the best fitness regimen/motivator/blog/app it can possibly be.
And to tell you the truth, it’s not even close to where I want it to be. I started 12 Minute Athlete with a big vision but a shoestring budget, and have been doing the best I can (yes, I currently do everything for the site/app, and other than hiring a developer to actually code the app, it’s all me). But I’ve got big plans to keep making it better and better.
Here are just a few of the things I’m focusing on this year:
- An Android app. Yes, I hear you guys! I wish it hadn’t taken so long to get this made, but since my developer basically has to create a whole new app from scratch (rather than just copying the iPhone one… I wish it were that easy), it takes a whole lot if time and money. It’s happening, just way later than I’d hoped.
- A book. Yep, this one’s still a bit of a secret, but it’s in the works. I hope to have it finished by the end of this year.
- More videos. A lot of you guys have been requesting more videos from me, and I’d like to make a big push to do this in 2014.
- More community. You guys are all so awesome, I want 12 Minute Athlete to be a place where you can interact with one another.
- A really big, exciting, secretive project. I can’t tell you guys about this one yet because I don’t know the details, but it’s going to be HUGE! Get ready for some big, exciting changes, hopefully in the first half of this next year.
What do you want from 12 Minute Athlete?
So what would you like me to focus on this year? I want to know what you think!
Do you want more videos? If so, what do you want from them?
More comprehensive workout programs? A shorter one? A travel one? What else?
More reader stories/interaction? If so, what would you want from these?
A forum so you guys could motivate each other? If so, what do you like in forums and what keeps you going back to them?
More gear? What kind?
More app updates? If so, what would you want different?
Something else entirely?
Whatever your thoughts, I want to hear from you! Send me an email at [email protected]. Be sure to include something like ‘2013 thoughts’ in the subject line so I don’t accidentally miss your email.
And thank you.
Seriously. 12 Minute Athlete couldn’t have made it this far without you guys. You are superstars, every single one of you.
Your fellow athlete,
PS. Thanks for sticking with me! It’s time to give away some shirts, woohoo!
If you have a story about 12 Minute Athlete has made a difference in your life and would be willing to give a testimonial for 12 Minute Athlete, send me an email at [email protected] with the subject ‘reader story’. I’ll send a free 12 Minute Athlete t-shirt or tank top (your choice) to my top 5 favorite responses!