The next 12 Minute Athlete Mini Challenge is here!
The goal of this No Excuses December Accountability Challenge is to help keep you accountable and get your workouts done during what for most people is the busiest time of the year.
The holiday season is already here, and we’re surrounded by delicious cookies and other yummy treats pretty much 24/7. As much as we try to follow the 80/20 rule, the reality is often that during this time of the year, we end up eating a bit more than 20% worth of treats and other fun holiday foods.
That’s why it’s so important to keep a consistent workout routine throughout the month of December. To help you do that, we’ve put together a mini challenge for you, and we hope you’re up for it!
12 Minute Athlete December Accountability Challenge Rules
Here’s how to do the challenge:
- Join our Facebook Group, where we get together, share our workouts, ask and answer questions, cheer each other and celebrate our success!
- The goal of the challenge is to complete 20 workouts by the end of December. That makes about five workouts a week.
- You can do any workout from the 12 Minute Athlete App or choose one from the Workouts page.
- You don’t have to do a 12 minute workout. Any of the 16 minute, 6 minute, 4 minute, time challenge, and AMRAP workouts also count.
- Every Monday and Wednesday, we’ll post a new workout in the Facebook Group. Feel free to use these for workout ideas if you’re not sure which workout you want to do or if you don’t have time to look one up, or just do one that fits into your personal goals.
- Make sure to post plenty of pictures and videos of your workouts, and let us know what you did! This helps keep everyone motivated
- At the end of the week, check in and tell us how far you are. Remember, the goal is to do 20 workouts by December 31st.
- We’ll send some free No Excuses wristbands to a couple of the hardest workers at the end of the month.
A lot of us will be traveling during the holidays, but don’t let that be your excuse for not working out. Especially when you’re traveling, make sure you put your app to good use.
If you don’t have any equipment at all, bodyweight workouts are probably your best bet, and you’ll find plenty of those in the app as well.
There are more than 200 short, effective workouts to choose from in the app, so you never have to come up with the workout plan yourself. Just pull out the workout based on equipment that you have available, and get to work!
And if you want even more workouts, including new ones from the blog posted 3-4x a week, make sure to check out the Super Athlete monthly subscription.
We hope you’re up for this challenge. Holiday treats can be tempting, but they won’t do much harm if we stay consistent with our workouts.