Pull ups are one of the most functional bodyweight exercises you can do.
We know that you want to be able to do them (or do more of them!), which is why we’re super excited to bring you the Fall Pull Up Challenge!
As cool as pull ups and chin ups are, they can also be quite intimidating. We can’t tell you how many people, and especially women, we have met who are convinced that they can never do a pull up. Throughout the month of October, we’re here to break this myth. You absolutely can do a pull up, no matter what you’ve been told or what you may have always believed. It just takes a lot of consistent work!
This 4-week Fall Pull Up Challenge is meant for beginner and intermediate athletes to help you:
1. Build strength to work towards your first pull up or chin up
2. Break past plateaus if you can already do one or a few pull ups
Get ready to work hard and have fun!
Note: This is not a specific training program. If you’re already very close to doing a pull up or a chin up or you can already do a few and you want to take your training to the next level, check out our Pull Up Mastery program instead or to do along with the challenge.
No matter where you are at in your pull up journey, you are of course welcome to take this challenge and use it as a great way to strengthen your upper body and core!
Read on for all the challenge details:
Fall Pull Up Challenge Details
Here’s everything you need to know about the challenge:
- The challenge officially starts on Monday, October 2nd and goes until Friday, October 27th.
- Each week, we’ll post a workout that is designed to strengthen the muscles that are most important in pull ups, specifically upper body and core muscles.
- It will help to have access to some basic equipment, like a kettlebell or a dumbbell, but you can also use a heavy backpack or another similar object
- You will need access to a pull up bar or a doorway pull up bar
- Each workout will take you no more than 15-20 minutes
- You should plan to work on your pull ups 3x a week
One lucky hard worker will win a medium + robust or a heavy + robust Rubberbanditz band combo (your choice!) at the end of the challenge!
Work Hard, Have Fun!
Make sure to take plenty of photos and videos of your workouts each week and post them on our Facebook group. This will help you to stay accountable and also inspire and motivate others who are taking the challenge as well.
Note that taking this challenge doesn’t guarantee that you’ll be able to do pull ups or chin ups by the end of the month. We’re going to really focus on details and build strength so that you’ll be able to rock pull ups for life.
Are you up for the the challenge? Make sure to follow us on Instagram and join our Facebook group for extra motivation and support. Then keep an eye out for the first week’s workout on Monday, October 2nd when we’ll post the first workout.
Enjoy the challenge!
4 thoughts on “Get Ready for the Fall Pull Up Challenge”
Is the challenge for strict or kipping pull-up? Thanks!
My question also – I am betting strict though
Let’s get it on. Ever since i have put on weight, pull ups have been impossible for me… Hopefully this challenge will help me do at least 5 pull-ups.
Look forward Krista.