Welcome to day 5 of the 12 Minute Athlete 5-Day Summer Jump Rope Challenge!
We hope you’re enjoying the challenge so far and are excited to learn one last jump rope skill!
During this challenge, we’ll be learning a new jump rope style each day. Then we’ll give you guys a HIIT workout that will include your brand new skill.
If you missed our previous posts and workouts, check them out here:
You can also get 10% off of all Crossrope gear from now until August 5th with code 12MINCROSS!
Today we’re going to focus on one of my favorite jump rope variations ever: double unders. These can be pretty frustrating when you’re first trying them, but keep practicing and you WILL get them. Here’s everything you need to know about double unders:
Here’s how to get started with double unders:
- Stand with your feet slightly apart while holding a jump rope behind you
- Jump up as you swing the jump rope under you twice in a row
- Try and keep your legs as straight as possible, arms close to you and abs tight as you jump.
Remember, patience is key when learning double unders!
Today’s Jump Rope Workout
Once you can do at least five double unders in a row, try this time challenge workout to end your week:
Workout instructions: Do three rounds of the following exercises as fast as possible:
1. 50 Double unders (or 100 Single unders if you just can’t do them yet)
2. 10 Squat tuck jump combo
3. 10 Pike push ups
4. 50 Criss-cross feet jumps w/ Jump Rope
5. 20 Side lunges
6. 30 Plank jumps (front to back)