12 MINUTE ATHLETE
Push your personal limits, build new skills, and take
your fitness to the next level with our 12 Minute Athlete
Have you always wanted to be able to do a handstand, but didn’t know where to start?
Maybe you’ve tried over and over to kick up into a handstand, but just can’t seem to figure out how to hold yourself upside down without falling over. Or maybe you have never even tried to do one, because you just wrongly assumed that you’re not strong enough/athletic enough/flexible enough to ever be able to do something as cool as a handstand.
But here’s the thing: yes, mastering handstands takes work. It requires consistent practice. It means you’ll need a strong upper body and core. And most of all, it requires patience and belief in yourself, no matter how frustrated you get at times.
Yet with the right progressions, consistency, and hard work, you can do a handstand. And Beginner Handstands will get you there.
If you’re ready to rock your first handstand, you’re in the right place.
Build Upper Body and Core Strength
Holding yourself in a handstand requires an incredible amount of upper body and core strength.
When you begin working them consistently, you’ll notice you start to feel stronger and have greater control in your workouts as well as your sport of choice.
Improve Balance and Coordination
Not only will working towards handstands get you strong, it will also significantly increase your sense of balance and coordination.
Understanding the balance portion of holding a handstand is a pretty awesome feeling, and has plenty of crossover in your other workouts and daily activities as well.
Build Mental Toughness and Resilience
We’re not sugarcoating it here: working towards a freestanding handstand is not easy. But if you’re willing to be patient and put in the work, your mental toughness and resilience will increase significantly.
Only mentally tough people will rock the handstand. You will be one of them.
What You’ll Get: The Full Beginner Handstands Course
Here’s what you’ll get for a one time payment of just $19.99 USD:
- Four detailed modules that you can go through at your own pace. You’ll move on to the next level after you’ve completed all of the goals in the previous one. This system allows you to progress as fast or slow as you need to.
- Video Feedback Review Service to help you if you get stuck or have a question about your form. Just take a video of yourself and send it to us—we’ll take a look at your form and give you feedback and tips to help you keep progressing.
- Videos and detailed descriptions for the very best handstand progressions that will help you to work your way up to freestanding handstands.
- Warm up and stretching routines designed to prevent injuries, prepare your body for handstands, and cool it down and increase flexibility afterwards.
- Additional strength exercises to help you to strengthen your upper body and core for solid handstands.
- Additional HIIT workouts to keep your training more interesting and help keep up your strength and conditioning outside of handstand training.
- Useful tools and tips that can help you keep your body healthy and injury-free during the course.
- Email check-ins and support along the way to help you rock your handstand!
Frequently Asked Questions about the Handstands Course
I’ve never even tried handstands before. Can beginners take this course?
Yes, this course is also for beginners. You don’t need to have any previous experience.
I’m not sure I have time for this course because I’m training for other sports/activities too.
Workouts in this course will only take you about 15–20 minutes each time, so you can easily add them to your regular workouts or sports-specific training.
Are there any exercises or skills I have to be able to do in order to take this course?
You should have a reasonable level of strength already, i.e. be able to hold a plank for at least 30 seconds and hold yourself upside down against a wall for a couple of seconds. If you’re not there yet, don’t worry! You can build up some strength with HIIT workouts then do the course when you’re ready.
How long is the Beginner Handstands course?
The course is divided into four modules that you can complete at your own pace. Once you’ve completed the module you’re currently on, you can move on to the next one. The length of the course depends on what your current fitness level is and how fast you progress.
What if I fall on my head?
This is a fear a lot of people have but it’s extremely unlikely to ever happen! We build up the strength slowly in the course and use a wall to practice at first to guarantee you have enough support to start out. When you do start practicing freestanding handstands, you can either step or cartwheel out from your handstand.
How long does will it take me to be able to do a freestanding handstand?
There’s no easy answer to that question. It depends where you are when you’re starting out and how often you practice. But we’re sure that with a lot of hard work, everyone will be able to do a freestanding handstand in time.